Monday, March 17, 2008

Yet more excitement


Each day in this quiet, wonderful town seems to bring more excitement than I would ever expect. Dolphins a couple of days ago, new bird species for me (Carolyn is excited for me!) and local people visiting our house.

One of the great things that the house provides is a wood burner (a fireplace) to keep ourselves warm on cold nights. It really hasn't been that cold yet, so we haven't had the chance to use it. Tonight we did. Tonight we met the local Fire/Rescue (The Fire Brigade). Nothing serious, but I think the chimney has not been cleaned in quite some time. We lit a fire as we have done 100s of times growing up, and the neighbor came by to say that there were flames coming out of the chimney. We doused the fire, the neighbor panicked and called the fire department and we got this picture. Sorry it isn't better. I wasn't close enough to them all. The kids were really excited... so was I! We were disappointed that there was no fire to enjoy, but are glad of the chance to meet the neighbors.

No comments: