Thursday, March 20, 2008



This video captures the wonderful mundaneness of life. As you know, one of the things we were so looking forward to with this trip was the opportunity for the kids to go to school. It's a different system, with different students and teachers, and a great way for our kids to do the kind of thinking I have a chance to do here (thanks Peddie). I would suggest to all who are reading this (and thank you for doing so) that you take the risk and get out and do. Get yourself to the edge of what you usually do and then take the next step. I didn't really know what was on the other side either, but I am glad that I'm finding out. I have only been here for two weeks, and I feel as though I have been here for years. It will take me the whole summer to gather my thoughts about the three months here. It will probably take years to fully appreciate how it will change and has changed me.

Anyway, enjoy the video. Remember, I said that it is mundane. Somehow, though, I pushed pause instead of record when I walked into Abby's classroom. I then pushed record instead of pause when I left the room. Oh well, life is like that. Look for a later installment on the all-school triathlon. Yet another afternoon released from classes to do something as a school. I find myself saying, a lot, that it feels so civilized here. This is especially true when it comes to kids having the chance to be kids. Ask yourself, is it really so bad to have less (or no) homework and more play time? That's a no-brainer for me.

A final note - Cal, Lori, EG, and Ethan will be here in three days! Cal and I will be here on our birthday. How cool is that?

No comments: