Thursday, February 14, 2008

First Day of School




These pictures are taken from our front deck as the kids got ready to head off to their first day of school this morning. It is a very windy and stormy day....fairly typical for this area, I understand. Still, I'm grateful that we're not experiencing 12F degree temperatures and ice storms the way we would be if we were home. The kids had mixed feelings about going to school. Becky, especially, was a bit apprehensive, so I'll go back there at lunchtime to see how they're doing. The school is very small and friendly, and there are so many wonderful things about it....1 hour outdoors at lunchtime, no shoes if you don't want them, lots of singing, and not as much homework as we're used to at home. It should be a wonderful experience, even if a bit scary at first.
Jennifer and Michael are taking such good care of us here. I sit at their house as I write this before I run off to the nearest town of any size (Paraparamau) to set up home phone and internet service and to do some food shopping. IN the meantime, Jennifer generously lets us use her home and provides us with love and good dinners! The kids each have a good buddy so far. David has Aidan, Abby has Naomi, and Becky has a good friend of the family's, Ayla. All are happy, as am I.
I woke up around 6:30 am today and did a little yoga while feeling the breeze and listening to the waves. Later, I went for a run along the beach. Ahhhh..... I suppose eventually, I'll have to get down to a little work, but that can wait for next week....
We do miss all of you and are grateful for everyone's support as we set off on our big adventure!

1 comment:

Jim, Carolyn, Abby, Becky, and David said...

Hey Becky, I'd be nervous to. It's a huge thing to be half way around the world and starting something new. You know what, though, you are going to be great. All of you will be. You are smart, wonderful, energetic, and deeply thoughtful people. More importantly, you are my kids. I think that's pretty cool. You look pretty ready in the pictures. I miss you guys a lot.

You guys should all check your emails when you can. Jenna has sent you an email and Courtney said she will be too. I love you!!!